Thursday, October 04, 2007

Short week, Long drive

This week is a short work week for me as I took Thursday to Tuesday off to enjoy Thanksgiving with the family. But that did mean a long 10 hour drive up to Montreal. I managed to get on the road just after midnight Wednesday night and arrived around 10:30. While I like the lack of traffic that comes with a midnight drive, especially around the NYC area, I don't care for driving at night. I did get about 5 hours of sleep before I left and that makes a difference. But I did end up having a nap after lunch. I hope I can sleep tonight.

It was an interesting drive up. I packed up some last minute items and hit the road at 12:30 but once on the highway it was a mix of fog and mist almost the whole way up. Even when I hit the Adirondacks around 7:30 I was still encountering ground mist. It burned off shortly thereafter but it make the drive up somewhat ethereal. Everything was surrounded by halos and was indistinct.

Although I am back home, I am a little sad to be missing a Thursday night paddling. I have really come to enjoy getting out with the group. I think they are slowly coming around to my presence and I have been getting longer conversations from the various people. I am hoping to be getting a new and improved kayak soon and that will greatly improve my enjoyment of getting out. I am really looking forward to that day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home