Sunday, October 14, 2007

Brand new Kayak


I finally took the jump and got a really nice kayak on Saturday. I am thankful to a friend for letting me borrow two of his kayaks so I could get a feel for different kayaks. I am also thankful to another friend for making the very long drive out to the store to look at and pick up the chosen kayak. After trying about three different kayaks, I decided to get an Impex Force 4 kayak. This is a very good kayak and is a bit more than I can handle right now, but I am looking forward to learning the skills that will allow me to roll and play with this kayak.

I took the kayak out earlier today to christen it. It was a dream to handle and very smooth to paddle. I am looking forward to many more trips with it. At first I didn't want to get it dirty or scratch it but I can't let that get in the way of my enjoying it, so out we went. I am a little sad that the season is ending soon, but that did allow me to take advantage of the end of season sale. I picked up some more gear that will allow me to paddle later into the season, but I don't think I will be paddling that much later as I really don't know how to roll and wouldn't want to have to bail in really cold water. I also have more hiking gear to be tested so I will be hitting the trails hard again.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

really nice kayak!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

Thanks! Its a dream to paddle compared to my old one.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

What an intense looking craft. I blew it up on flickr to see all the details. Very very nice. Congrats.

(It's a lot longer than your other one, isn't it?)

3:35 PM  
Blogger Canadian Loonie said...

My first kayak was about 13ft long, this one is 18ft. The longer kayak is much easier to turn and very nice to handle. Can't wait to take it out on an overnight kayak camping trip. I want to see how it performs with weight in it.

6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home