Friday, September 28, 2007

Short week, busy weekend

Although I worked Sunday, Monday and part of Tuesday up in New York, as we worked long hours, this felt like a short week. I have Friday off since I worked Sunday, which is adding to the short week syndrome. So it really only feels like I worked two days this week. I didn't work Tuesday afternoon. This was a combination of not feeling well and getting back late enough and exhausted enough that I couldn't bring myself to walk down to work even for an hour. So I unpacked and finished the book I was reading. it was a good book and I will try to write a little review of it soon. I find I have been slipping a litlte in my posts. I have been seeing someone lately. Add that to the crazy work schedule of this last week and all the kayaking I have been doing on the weekends, plus the intermittent wifi I have, and that means I have been slipping in my posts.

Trying to look on the bright side of things, I did manage to get the whole first chapter of my NaNo writing edited and posted to my other blog. Not sure when I will have a chance to get any other chapter posted though. Time will tell. I am going home for Thanksgiving next week so that should give me a chance to get some things done. The list is getting long. I want to finish up the baby caps I was knitting over the summer and post those for sale soon. I was also going to see if my friend wanted to try to sell a few to her customers. And a friend had a baby recently so I was thinking of giving her one. That is always a good way to get requests and more sales. I wanted to make tags for the hats so that people could contact me or at least know who made them. And that is one thing that has really been holding up the caps.

I am also gearing up for a weekend paddling trip. We are heading out to Eastern Neck to paddle and have fun. We will be heading out Friday night to stay at the camp grounds, then we paddle Saturday. There will be a group potluck to which I will be bringing my Death by Chocolate pie, then we will head back Sunday. I made the pie this morning (cutting it a little tight) but it is less rich than I normally make it. I was making a smaller one this time so I followed the recipe were normally I make a larger pie and increase the amount of chocolate which makes for a richer, denser filling, hence the name. This one will be good but I don't think it will live up to the ones I have made in the past.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home