Thursday, September 14, 2006

Skype

I received the strangest phone call today. As I was leaving work, late I might add, I received a call from 1-000-012-3456. Deciding it was a prank call, I ignored it. I also had just missed it as the phone was in my backpack which was under my raincoat as it was drizzling out. I then went to knitting tonight and received another cal from the same number. I am still thinking it is a prank or telemarketing call and as I am with other people, I ignore it again. But when the person calls right back, I decide to finally answer it in the hopes that it will go away. Imagine my surprise when I find out it is my father. He is calling from the computer using Skype. It is a nice program that allows computer to computer calls or computer to phone calls. So he was calling me from the computer. His voice was a little flat and tinny but otherwise clear and understandable. So we chatted for a bit then I got off the phone to continue knitting. I will have to put Skype on my comuter so we can try computer to computer. He has already tried with my brother and said it works quite well. Good thing my MacBook comes with a microphone and video built in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home