Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Oh! What a beautiful morning...

The sun was shining so brightly this morning and there was not a cloud to be seen, just a slight haze in the sky. It was nice to once again see the sun, to have a shadow. Most of the puddles have disappeared but there where still some substantial ones that will take some time to go away. The level of the stream near Alewife has gone back down to where it was before the rain. All, in all, a day that should be spend outside enjoying the return of the sun to our realm of existance. Unfortunately, there is more rain in the forecast for later this afternoon and more rain predicted for the next 5 days at least. I thought April showers brought May flowers, not May showers.

In the end I will get to enjoy very little of this nice day, being stuck inside the lab. Hopefully it will still be sunny and nice out when I leave at 4:30. To add insult to injury, today I have to count cells which means sitting in a room with the blinds down and a light timer that guarantees I will be sitting in the dark within 10 minutes. I guess I would rather count cells than deal with animals. Luckily there is very little animal work to do right now. There is also talk of hiring someone to help with the project I am working on and maybe I can see about pawning off the animal work onto the new person and assuming a more cell based role.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home