Saturday, October 01, 2005

Jim & Molly Denton Shelter 1Oct05 Day 107

The best part of today was the apple trees. I came across two apple trees in a large field and it was a special treat. I had a hard time getting the apples as the lower branches had been picked clean. Also some of the apples had worm holes.

Today was relatively easy mostly because there were few rocks on the trail. I did have trouble with water. This morning, the water from the shelter spring was cloudy and smelled terrible. I treated some of it but it still smelled bad to the point where I didn't want to drink it. I decided to hold out until the frist stream but it smelled too. In the end I had to wait until the first spring which was 7 miles away. Needless to say, I was quite thirsty when I got there.

This shelter is quite nice. Most of the shelters lately have been quite nice. There are also 4 other gals staying here. Very different being surrounded by women when most of the people on the trail are guys.

Tomorrow I enter the Shenandoah National Park. The shelters are spaced at odd distances apart meaning either doing 15 miles or 25 miles.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home