Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Mohican Outdoor ctr 7Sep05 Day83

So I only busted out about 14 miles today. I was just unable to do 10 more. I will get to bed early tonight so I can be fresh for tomorrow. Looks like the water situation is improving the further south I go. Tomorrow I will definitely make town and I will zero the next day, I think, or at least do an easy mile day. At this point, as long as I put in about 17 miles a day, I can finish before December. Supposedly Virginia is very flat and Pennsylvania, which I enter tomorrow, is rocky but relatively flat. I have been carrying more water than I usually do as I am never sure where I will next see water. But for all the water I am carrying, I find I am not drinking as much as I should so I am mildly dehydrated at the end of the day. I then try to catch up by drinking as much as I can before bed and hope I don't have to get up in the middle of the night.

Last night was a very bad night for sleeping. I hurt so much from the hiking that I could npt get comfortable. This is why I was so exhausted today. Hopefully I know better know.

Surprise hit of the night was some food I had found in a hiker box yesterday. It was couscous with mushroom soup mix. I wasn't sure I would like it but I took it anyways. I tried it tonight. It was very good. The other great thing was all I had to do was add hot water to the bag and let it sit a few minutes. I think I really like this cooking technique as clean up involved closing the ziplock and throwing it out. No pot to cleanup and no dirty water to deal with. It was also quite tasty. I may make some meals in town to carry if I can keep the weight down or I may start a food bounce box. Not sure if it will keep costs down though. I will look into it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home