Saturday, August 13, 2005

Bromley Ski Patrol Hut 13Aug05 Day 58

This warming hut is much nicer that the one on Sugarloaf. It is much smaller, cleaner and not so creepy. On top of that, it also has a fire tower, I really wanted to sleep up there but the weather lookes threatening, at least the sunset was great. I will try to get up to catch the meteor shower but it is really cloudy out so that may not happen. I will try for sunrise tomorrow morning. Although it is wasm in the hut, it is cool outside and for the most part, all of the windows are open. There are quite a few nobos here with several sleeping out either on the tower or just on the lawn.

After doing 22 miles yesterday, I didn't know if I would be able to do the 13ish miles to Bromley today. I also awoke to a new and even bigger blister on my left heel right next to the smaller one from before. I wrapped it and taped it up and it really wasnt so bad. The bad part was either stepping on a rock badly or dying from the heat and humidity. I was completely wiped out from the humidity and was really dragging for most of the day. The last 2.5 miles up to Bromley did have me showing better energy. Bad Cheese and I stopped for a break by a water pump. So we ate, drank, peed then filled up on water. I was carrying 4L extra weight and I did the 2.5 miles in just over an hour. I was really proud of myself and it is times like these that I see the progress my muscles are making. Tomorrow is a nice easy day so I can rest my feet.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home