Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Count down

17 days until my last day at work. 18 days until I move.

I am in the process of having a life make-over. I have quit my job, am moving all my essential junk back home and within a month or so of that I will be leaving to hike the Appalachian Trail. I am using this as a chance to rediscover myself. I feel that I have been crammed into some mold and I am straining against the wrappings.

This is very exciting and yet I am also scared to death. This is a completely wack, off the wall thing for me to be doing and I know it will be great. And yet I feel there should be a but at the end of that. I am, after all, up-rooting myself from a somewhat nice life and going off to traipse around in the woods for 6 months. I will not be earning money, I will not have friends with me, I am leaving my boyfriend, I have quit my job. I am basically leaving my somewhat nice, easy life behind for a difficult 6 month tour of the rugged beauty of the great outdoors. I will be free and clear of everything except eating for the duration of my walk in the woods. I am looking forward to this with tremendous anticipation and horrible dread.

I am doing this for me and no one else and I know I will enjoy myself. This is my mantra. Now all that's left is to figure out how to tell my mother.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home