Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Little packages

16 days left and I am trying to take the big jumble that is currently my life and package it all into one tidy little package. I am moving back in with my parents. This means taking everything out of a large one bedroom apartment and cramming only the important things into one 11x11 foot bedroom.

I am now stuggling to decide how badly I need to keep that Birthday card my mother gave me when I was six. Or the various other bits and pieces of material posessions that make up my memories. I think I may have packrat tendencies. I won't have the storage space for most of my stuff and yet how can I throw out a perfectly good item. I also have to haggle over items I share with my boyfriend. So much stuff and so little space to fit it all into. I think that in the grand scheme of things, most of my stuff is not worth the effort of packing it. I can always buy another bed, or cooking implements.

It is the things that I can't buy that will cause the most pain. Should I keep the well seasoned cast iron frying pan that I have been struggling to season for the last 4 years. I can buy another, but not a well seasoned, well loved one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home