Sunday, September 19, 2010

Day 32: Vernon, NJ

11.8 mi

Hitchhiking, being illegal both in NJ and NY, made for a long day. We hiked the 1/2 mile from Unionville very early due to a lack of toilets at the Back Track Inn. And coming into Vernon, we walked the 2.4 mi to town. That doesn't include the 11.8 mi of just the portion of the AT we hikes. No one stopped to offer us a lift. We are currently staying at the church hostel. We are clean and we were also able to do laundry. I did some computer stuff as well.

We have been finding that things are more expensive the further north we go. It has been adding up. I am not sure how our spending stands. I need new footwear, again, which was unexpected. I may need to get new sandals as these ones don't have much tread left. I also need to run into NYC for an appointment with USCIS so that will be another expense.

Neither of us slept well last night. I at least seemed to have got more but we are both feeling the effects of less sleep. I was moving a little slower with my blister but my husband was slow and grouchy from lack of sleep. I really hope he can get some sleep tonight but we are at a hostel. AC or not, he will not sleep well.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home