Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back on the Potomac

I was out on the Potomac today trying to get back in shape. I seemed to do well at the kayak festival last week, but I also feel I could do better. So I grabbed the boat and gear and headed out to the marina and hopped on the water. It was more of a slog then I thought it would be. I have been paddling my short boat off and on over the winter in pool sessions but other then last weekend, this month has been the first time I have been able to get my long boat out of storage and used again. I didn't make it very far either which has me a little concerned. If I can't paddle my boat on flat water, what makes me think I am ready to take my short boat out on the white water. Will I be in shape enough to paddle against the river to get up tot eh fun play spots. So I pressed on. I paddled about an hour out and back then I went home and relaxed. It was nice to be out on the water but I don't think the flat water has as much appeal to me anymore. I was thinking of being more serious with the white water this year, but I think that this made the decision for me. I will be paddling some white water tomorrow so I will see if I am in better shape then.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home