Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My book is in hand!

I received the proof copy of my book today and I am really jazzed up by it. I can't wait to show it off. I wasn't really sure what to expect as it was hard to figure out a few things based on what the web site was telling me. I had a bit of a hard time conceptualizing certain things and I did get a few minor things wrong. Mostly they are things that unless I pointed them out, I doubt people would really notice it. The book is now available at Lulu.com for purchase. I kept the price down as low as possible but I find that Lulu.com is a bit pricey on their softcover format given the number of pages I was printing. In the end, the novel came up to 160 pages in the larger format and 310 in the smaller format and that was after I had resized the font down a little to be closer in font size to an actual paperback novel. I didn't really think the novel was going to be that big, but I am rather impressed not only by the 310 pages but by the feedback I have received from readers. I had a hard time settling on a title but finally went with "The Valley of Hope" I chose a nice picture from my Appalachian Trail pictures for the front cover which I think suits the book nicely. The book can be found here for anyone wanting to purchase a copy: http://www.lulu.com/content/paperback-book/the-valley-of-hope/6654388

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

So, so very cool. I'll need to go back and see your process. My book's nowhere close to being done, but this is good information to have. Congrats!!!

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home