Saturday, January 03, 2009

Snowshoeing attempt #1


I attempted to run a snowshoeing trip this weekend but alas there was just no snow in the DC, Virginia, or even West VIrginia area. I even called a few places in Pennsylvania, but alas it just wasn't meant to be. So we went hiking instead. This turned out to be a lot of fun and I am glad most of the people who signed up for the snowshoeing stayed on for the hiking. I did get one last minute person join in on the event. It is a little odd that this guy seems to wait in the parking area and checks out what groups are leaving then asks to join them. The first time was fine but the second time was just too weird. I think I will either have to tell him no next time or chose another meeting spot.

I like taking groups out to explore the various trails, but every once in a while someone decides they don't like the hike and tries to get me to change it. I had to tell this one guy to stop trying to talk everyone into doing the Little Devil's Stairs trail as it was not appropriate for the group, we were not prepared, and we didn't have enough time to do it. But he insisted on talking about it until I finally told him to stop. He kept talking to this one girl and they missed the trail to turn onto. I thought I was pulling up the rear and then they showed up behind us. I will have to keep a better eye on him in the future.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Even if bad weather (in this case, lack of it) strikes, isn't it nice to know you can still have a good time if people are up for a little change of plans?! Glad to see you had a good time.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home