Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Business Trip

I am once again up in New York on a business trip. This time it is quite cold up here, especially compared to what I was getting weather wise in DC. I tried to bring enough layers but the wind is just biting. I am actually up here alone the first two days as my co-worker was not feeling up to travel and in fact, her doctor told her not to travel. It is better for her to be home then suffering here. The work isn't that hard and I have been here enough times to mostly know my way around. I was also lucky in that we didn't have that much to do up here this run, and everyone who works up here is always very helpful, so I was given a helping hand by everyone. My boss was only able to come the night of the second day and he helped on the third day. This turned out to be really good for me as we managed to wrap everything up early so I changed my flight and left early too. I think he had a good time showing off some of the data we have managed to get from previous work up in New York. The data looked quite nice and the lab is hoping to get a paper out soon on this. At least now I am back to warm DC which had cooled off since I left.

With three days in New York and only a couple of hours of actually work I needed to do, I was left with a lot of time on my hands. So I managed to really put in a lot of work on my word count for National Novel Writing Month. I have participated for the last 2 years, this being my third time. I wasn't going to participate but I decided it is good incentive to get something done. And I have been meaning to write up my trail adventure and compile it into some book form. I just hope I have enough material considering I didn't finish the trail. I'd rather not leave the book in a half finished state, so I will have to come up with some ending.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home