Sunday, November 02, 2008

Pool Session

Pool session have started again. I wasn't going to go this year as I already have a roll and I thought it would be best to focus on getting the meetup off the ground and doing a good job on the gear testing. But a friend was going to the pool session and I decided it would be a good idea to get out and hang around with someone other then the dust bunnies. This was a white water pool session and they were teaching a lesson in the shallow end while a few of us playing in the deep end. I am trying to learn how to do a stern squirt. Basically I am Not sure I will figure out how to do that any time soon, but I am hoping. The pool sessions are actually a pretty good way to get introduced to kayaking and learn a roll as there is no current to worry about. Most people are immediately comfortable in a pool and take to the lessons right away.

After spending most of the two hour pool session attempting to perform a stern squirt, I am terribly sore. Mostly it is on one side and my abs as it is a twisting motion. I have the idea down but I think I need to throw my weight a little more. As I have a roll, there really is no need for me to be cautious about flipping myself over. I think I have to put the kayak on edge a bit more and really throw my weight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home