Thursday, September 07, 2006

Listen to me chat about gear

I gave a little interview for a podcast show about two weeks ago and I just got news back that the show has been produced and aired. It was a hard interview to do as I discovered that while I can write a report on my views and opinions, I apparently have trouble expressing myself out loud. The interview was done over the phone and the person at the other end had to prompt me more than a few times. Sometimes I wasn't sure what he wanted and other times I wasn't giving enough information. In the end he took all my answers and chopped out the ah and ums to make me sound better than I did. When it comes to gear, I am generally very chatty, but the other guy who was interviewed seemed to do a better job than me. All in all, it doesn't sound that bad and he did a good job pulling my sometimes scattered answers together into a semblance of order. If you are interested, you can listed to someone butcher my last name (okay he only slightly mangle it) and here me talk here. I really enjoy testing gear, but I guess to be honest, I really enjoy getting free gear. There really is no better price than that. I only have to use the gear in the field then write up my opinion on how well it worked and held up. Not too shabby.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kathryn:

I'm sorry I mispronounced your name. But thank you for participating. I thought you did fine job of reviewing the tent, you sound thoughtful and knowledgeable. I'd be happy to have you do another review for the show in the future.

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home