Monday, August 28, 2006

My new toy has arrived

My new Macbook came. Actually it arrived on Friday but I wasn't here to enjoy it. So today I have been installing needed software, doing updates, fixing settings, and putting needed work items on it so I can use it on my trip to DC tomorrow. This will be really nice and handy to have. I will be hitting REI after work to see about picking up a laptop sleeve. I have it in the protective sleeve supplied with it, but it is really not going to hold up well.

I did walk over to the Boston REI but they only had the medium and large sleeves and I needed the small sleeve. I decided to drive out to the Reading store as they did have the small sleeve in the store. While I was there, I picked up a map for the hike I am planning this weekend and I also bumped into an aquaintance from the GONewEngland.org outdoor site. We chatted for a while and then I impulse bought some Keen shoes that were on sale. I also did get my laptop sleeve, thankfully. The Macbook fits well across but the sleeve is a little too high. It does come with a nice pocket on the front face for the power cord and other small accessories. Maybe I can fit the cord extender inside the sleeve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home