Sunday, August 27, 2006

Bon Cop, Bad Cop

As this movie is really only playing at select theaters in Canada (maybe only in Montreal) I had to catch it this weekend or wait for it to come out on video. I went with my brother as I don't think it was playing out in his neck of the woods either. This movie is really geared for a select audience hence the limited release. If you are not from the Montreal area or do not know the culture then this movie will not make a lot of sense. It really pokes fun of the french culture as seen by someone from Ontario while poking fun of english culture as seen from Quebec. The movie has both main cahracter talking in both languages back and forth. The subtitles are very close but really can't capture the flavour of the frensh swearing which is liberally used. This movie is a great cross of comedy and action. The best part is when a pot house goes up in flames and both characters are so high, they can hardly stop laughing at their boss. Not something I would expect to see in an American movie ever. This was definitely worth watching and I am glad I caught it. I may have to get it on DVD when it comes out. Well worth another viewing or three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home