Saturday, January 07, 2006

Sushi time

I made some sushi for supper. I found it hard to roll the first one, probably because I has too much rice in it. The second one came out much nicer and the third looked great. I think I rolled it in the wrong direction. I think the long side was supposed to be rolled and I think I roled the short side. That just means the pieces were anything but bite sized. It was still good. I made a teriyaki chicken sushi with avocado and cucumber. The cucumber was hard to taste. Most flavours were unfortunately drowned out by the wasabi and the pickled ginger. I had put wasabi in the sushi roll as called for so there were little wasabi bombs in the sushi. Next ime, no wasabi in the roll, I will just serve it on the side. And I think I will also slice up the ginger so smaller pieces are available. Other than that, it really wasn't that hard to make sushi. I may try to make a pressed sushi next time as someone didn't llike the fishiness of the nori. Nori by itself really doesn't seem to have that much of a fishy flavour, I was eating salted nori on the trail. But this nori, once it was slightly hydrated and stuffed, seemed to pick up a fishy flavour.

I typed in 4 more trail entries. That just leaves me with another 20. If I can do them in chunks of 4 then maybe I will finish them off soon. At least the end does seem reachable now where before it seemed like there was no end to them.

I think I may go to Arisia regardless if I get a hotel room or not. It may not be so bad to commute in as it will save me money. I will just have to see if I can find someone to put me up knowing that I will be coming and going at weird hours. I have Arisia in my head now and I really want to go. Hopefully I will get paid on Friday. Seems McGill is notorious for not paying people right away as they are very slow with the paperwork. My paper work seemed to go through quickly so maybe I have a chance of getting paid in a timely fashion. I will have to ask for friday off. I hope I don't have any problems. Time will tell.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home