Tuesday, January 03, 2006

First Day on the Job

Wow. I have really not missed working. Going back to work has really shown me that. I miss having somethig to do but I like it being something I want to do. I really enjoyed hiking. It was hard work and I put in long hard miles but at the end of the day I was happier, sore and tired but I felt that I accomplised something. Today I went in to work. It was the first day at this job and I was not happy. I didn't want to get up this morning and missing the bus was just icing on the cake. I will be spending most of this week trying to get paperwork filled out and getting signed up for trainings. At least I will be able to take easy days as there is almost no one in the lab and no one is really running any experiments. So in the end this is a learning week. But really, in the end I am still waiting to hear back from Calgary as I think that is the job I would be willing to wake up for.

My brother got a really nice cabinet made for him by our father. He even painted it a really nice shade of deep cranberry red. The only problem is that it doesn't fit in his car. Looks like I may have to go visit him sometime soon and strap it to the roaf rack. It will be a long drive just to visit for a weekend but maybe I can get some snowshoeing in as he has access to some. I may wait for the first hoiliday of the year but that is a long way off and there may be little snow left.

Looks like I may be unable to make it to Arisia this year. I was really looking forward to it but I just don't have the money to stay at the Park Plaza and Arisia isn't Arisia without staying at the hotel. They I can stay up late and catch the RHPS at midnight, or get up early and watch anime and bad films. I will really miss the writing panels as I always come out of them with so many ideas and the desire to want to write again. I feel like there is some novel stuck in my head that just needs some coaxing to get it out. One of these days I will just spit it out.

The whole family went to see Family Stone tonight. It was a really good movie. I like Luke Wilson. He is such an odd ball in most films that he is charming. I could have done without the girl sucking on her slurpy through the movie. Then the cell phone that went off not once but twice. Come on now, don't give kids slurpy's if they can't drink then silently. Telling them to be quite doesn't help matters.

This was a long post. I am going to have to start posting on a regular basis again so avoid so much rantage in one post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home