Monday, January 09, 2006

Arisia, here I come

So I have found a roommate for Arisia. That means I can stay at the hotel and not be limited by the transit system or the weather. It also means that the cost of the room is lessened. I may also have a passenger for the drive there and back. Although she wants to stay for something at 6:00 meaning 7:00 departure. I don't think I can stay that late and still drive back 6 hours. Plus she has a bus either at midnight or early the next morning. Neither of which will work if we leave after 7:00.

I did find out that I do in fact have a free membership from last year's volunteering. I don't know if I will be able to get in as much volunteering this year as there is just so many good things going on. There are so many panels I want to see, I am going to have to split myself into five people to see them all. I do know from past cons that sometimes the panel sounds great but in reality is really not as exciting as I thought it would be. Maybe if I arrive early enough on Friday I can get in some set up time and I may be able to help a little on Sunday with take down. Since set up and take down counts for double I may be able to scape up enough hours. I did manage to get Friday off, now all I can hope for is that the first pay check comes through so I am not scraping the bottom of the barrel anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home