Thursday, June 23, 2005

Live update

I was off to a good start then got railroaded by blisters. I have mailed a series of journal entries to be posted that will explain more of the story. Needless to say I have been healing from blisters and sore muscles for the last few days in Millinocket. I will be hitting the trail again tomorrow. I have made a few friends in the process and have been having a great time, both on and off the trail. I sent out a few postcards today to a few people and will sent out some more next chance I get. I will be about 8 days out in the woods before my next town stop. I will try to get the itinerary updated but that may not happen.

I am taking lots of pictures and will try to get them off the camera at some point. I should be doing that right now but I forgot the camera back at the hostel. I did get some people to take my picture at the top of Katahdin. To bad the view sucks, I was above the clouds and it was raining that day so no views. I will just have to come back and climb it another day to get pictures of the view. I have already seen a moose, some chipmonks, squirrels, ducks and a deer.

I am having a great time and find the walking in the woods quite peaceful and serene. I look forward to getting back into the woods tomorrow and will take the next few days easier to try to toughen up my feet without blistering them. I also lightened up the pack a little so that should help some.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home