Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Fixing the bathroom

Dad's shouldn't be appreciated only once a year, but when they are thought about. I was thinking of my dad today, remembering all the gopher jobs he had me do while he was fixing some random thing around the house (which felt like it was all the time). I never appreciated it at the time, but there are times like today that I really do. I am grateful that I can change the oil (and tires) on my car. I am thankful that I am capable of working with power tools (thank you again for the drill, it came in handy today). I am thankful that I somehow picked up many of his skills just by sitting there and handing him tiles. Today I helped with a bathroom remodel. Okay so we didn't do a huge tiling job, but just the act of putting up a bathtub surround over top existing tile was a lot of work. We are both exhausted but we managed to put up the surround, and caulk the seams. It actually looks pretty good considering we couldn't remove the existing tile. I'm sure you'd be proud.

Thank you again dad for showing me and teaching me. I appreciate it even though I never really let you know, nor did I really like being a gopher that much. I did learn and I am grateful for that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Robert Doiron said...

ah, thank you for the kind words, it means so much to me. p.s. can you fetch me the ..... luv ya.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Sam said...

Very touching tribute. Thanks for sharing your heart.

5:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home