Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Knees and such

My knees bother me less frequently now then they did post Appalachian Trail hike. This is a good thing, but they still bug me and I'm not sure they are healing well or not. So I have been seeing a friend every once in a while (read when I go home), who works the knees and muscles helping keep things loose. Well with a big hiking trip planned (news to follow), I decided I needed to have my knees checked out and make sure there wasn't anything else I could do for them. I have been working my exercises again to try to strengthen the muscles holding the knee in place. So the osteopath seemed to think everything was good, the exercises were definitely a positive thing, and she added a few more. My morning routine just got longer, but this is for the better. I'm not sure if I have to do this every day for ever but at least I have added them in for now. I also ended up getting my neck and back cracked, that was in interesting experience to say the least. Turn your head breath in, breath out, CRACK. Okay but things feel better so I can't complain. I will see her again in a week and we'll see if all the exercises are working out and hopefully I should be good for the trip.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home