Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Hopes possibly dashed

I sent in the application for the wonderful apartment but I fear I may not get it. There was already an application in before mine. I hope they decide not to take it. It is the perfect place and cat friendly. I will have to find another roommate as the girl I was looking with found the neighbourhood a little boring and far from teh good cafes. I don't really care as it is 5-10 minutes from work. I will have plenty of energy to go out and do things after work. We have decided that we will be friends and try to get together sometime. I have told her I will keep looking with her until I hear that I have the place as there is no guarantee I will get it. I hope I do but I have to keep my options open and be realistic. So I will have to find a self-storage place as I don't think I will be able to find anything before the furniture and boxes arrive. Maybe the moving company can hold onto my stuff for a few more days.

I will be leaving DC tonight to go back to Boston. The weather here has turned cold so I expect it to be even colder in Boston. I wish I had packed another layer, but I did not think it would be so cold. Oh well, it really isn't too bad, just a cold wind.


Post a Comment

<< Home