Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 41: Appalachian Trail Station

2 mi + 3 from town

Checked out of the hostel late in the morning before heading downtown. Turned out the address I had for the USCIS building was wrong. At least I didn't have to walk far to get to the right place. So apparently trekking poles are not allowed past security but my stove, fuel and small pocket knife was okay. I hit EMS again to return the anti-chaff then off to the trail station. The USCIS appointment went very smoothly adn quick. I showed up early and was out in less than 30 min. Plenty of time for me to catch the earlier trail out to Pawling. I couldn't figure out how to get them to stop at the actual AT station so I hiked in from Pawling then after getting a note from my husband at the trailhead, hiked over to the AT station to meet up with him. We stayed the night at the Garden Place. What a disaster. We were sandwiched between a major secondary highway and a commuter rail that ran all night. Plus the mosquitoes were horrible. I am regretting not picking up bug nets while I was at EMS.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home