Monday, January 25, 2010

Dilated eyes

I had my eyes dilated today as I wanted to know if I was eligible for Lasik. Dilated eyes on a person looks funny and unnerving at the same time. I have been to TLC for an eye exam and they said I was a good candidate, but then I moved. I am now near the Moran Eye Center, which is apparently well known for great results. So I decided to give them a try. I didn't realize that when they said it would take 4 hours, they meant it. I was there for quite some time getting poked at and looking at bright lights. I knew going in that my left eye has a bad astigmatism and my right has bad long distance sight. Today I came out having learned that my right eye has some astigmatism too. They recommend going for custom Lasik but I have to figure out if I would like to go the PRK route or the Lasik route. This is something I feel I will have done. I hate wearing my glasses and I want the freedom to get away from them.

I have to go back to get a few more test rerun to confirm and get a better picture. Thankfully they will not be dilating my eyes again. I tentatively have the surgery scheduled and hopefully all will be well. Too bad I can't have it done before my kayaking trip. It would be nice to have good vision for that so I can wear nicer sunglasses. But at least it should be done and mostly healed before I leave for out big hiking trip. Hopefully even before the wedding, now that would be really nice.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home